Eligible applicants must also comply with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie mobility rule: they must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Poland for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before to the call launch i.e. between 15th September 2018 and 14th September 2021.r
Time spent on short stays, such as holidays, compulsory national service and/or obtaining a refugee status under the Geneva Convention, will not count towards the 12-month limit.
Before applying, please make sure that the period you spent studying in Poland is compatible with the mobility rule described in question 1.
• Excellence of the planned research project (25%)
• Applicant's research track (25%)
• Impact of the fellowship on the development of the fellow’s career prospects and the research discipline (20%)
• Excellence of the supervisor and the host institution (20%)
• Dissemination of the fellowship’s results (10%)
• employs you on a permanent contract,
• employed you within the 3 years before the call launch,
this institution cannot be your POLONEZ BIS host.
You can apply for POLONEZ BIS fellowship at a different host institution if the length of your stay in Poland complies with the mobility rule described in question 1.
• is no longer under evaluation
• is no longer in the redress procedure
• was not recommended for funding.
If a proposal submitted to an earlier call was recommended for funding and you would still like to apply for POLONEZ BIS, you have to submit an official letter of resignation to the NCN.
Please note that your POLONEZ BIS proposal may not rank high enough to be recommended for funding.
Please also note that
• no double funding of similar research tasks is possible,
• the POLONEZ BIS fellow will be employed by the host institution under a full-time employment contract, therefore carrying out more than one grant may not be feasible.
• Higher Education institutions,
• federations of science and HE institutions,
• research institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences,
• research institutes,
• international research institutes acting in the Republic of Poland
- Łukasiewicz Centre,
- institute operating within the Łukasiewicz Research Network,• Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences,
• other entities involved in research independently on a continuous basis,
• scientific and industrial centrest,
• research centres of the Polish Academy of Sciences,
• scientific libraries,
• companies operating as R&D centres,
• legal entities with registered office in Poland.
Please note that the appropriate choice of the host institution is an important criterion in the proposal evaluation process.
To help you find an appropriate host institution we will launch an online Partner Search Tool on POLONEZ BIS website at a later date.
Please note that the hosting and supervision arrangements provided by the enterprise you select will also be evaluated by international experts.